Santa's Sleepover 2022
Santa's Sleepovers are the highlight on the Alton Towers calendar each year with fantabulous festive treats along the way for the whole family. Sit back and look forward to your Christmas break - we’ll be in touch soon with everything you need to know.
- 1 day entry to the Theme Park with a selection of family rides, attractions and seasonal entertainment - more information can be found on our festive rides page.
- A unique visit to Santa's Grotto
- NEW for 2022 - Access to Lightopia, the award-winning light and lantern experience.
- A fantastically festive evening meal
- Evening entertainment
- An overnight stay in one of our fantabulously themed hotels
Check Out Day
- A delicious buffet breakfast
- Entry to the wacky Caribbean themed Waterpark
- 9 holes of crazy, zany Extraordinary Golf
Booking My Santa Experience, Waterpark & Restaurant timeslots:
You will receive emails in the lead-up to your short break to tell you all you need to know before arrival and when you're able to book your timeslots. Reservations will need to be made for your grotto visit, waterpark session, dinner and breakfast. Please be aware that these cannot be amended once booked.
Just to let you know that our Guest Experience team cannot book these timeslots in advance of you receiving your email to book.
Theme Park Entry and Lightopia Information:
- Your Santa's Sleepover package will include 1 day access to the Theme Park which is to be used on the day of arrival.
- Lightopia takes place inside the Theme Park - simply head towards the Mutiny Bay area. Lightopia will run from 4:00pm - 8:00pm each day.
- Your Extraordinary Golf visit doesn’t need to be pre-booked - just turn up during our opening hours.
- You will receive your tickets for your Theme Park & Lightopia entry 10 days before your stay, please keep an eye out for an email.
- A unique visit to Santa's Grotto in the Alton Towers Resort Theme Park is included in your Santa's Sleepover package.
- Your Santa's Grotto experience will be valid on the day of arrival.
Breakfast & Dinner Reservations:
- A delicious breakfast and Christmas evening meal are included in our Santa’s Sleepover packages. To find out more about our festive meals, please check out our Santa’s Sleepover food and drink article. [LINK]
Waterpark Entry Information:
- Access into the Alton Towers Waterpark can be used for 1 session throughout the duration of your short break. This can be used on either day of your stay and will last for a minimum of 2 hours. Whilst we recommend you visit the Waterpark on your second day to allow you time between activities, you’re welcome to book for the first day instead if you wish. Guests wishing to use the Alton Towers Waterpark must adhere to the terms and conditions, and strict adult-to-child ratios. Please see the Alton Towers Waterpark page for more details.
- The Waterpark will be open 9:00am - 2:00pm on Christmas Eve.
- Outdoor slides at the Waterpark are scheduled to be open.
- Enjoy a host of festive entertainment throughout your visit including carol singers, delightful Christmas characters and our very own Mrs Claus! More surprises await so keep your eyes peeled for more news! Our entertainment times run from 5pm-9pm [subject to change] please see our reception team on arrival for more details.
- The Alton Towers monorail will not be operating during our Santa's Sleepover event - however, this will be replaced with the Candy Cane bus service. This stops outside the Alton Towers Hotel and runs regularly. Please speak to your hotel's reception team for more information.
- The Theme Park will be closed on Christmas Eve.
- Travelling with another party on a different booking reference, and want to let us know you’re travelling together? No problem. Simply email us on firstname.lastname@example.org with all of the booking references and let us know. Please be aware that every effort will be made to accommodate requests (such as adjacent rooms) but this cannot be guaranteed.
- Santa’s Sleepover packages need to be paid for in full at the time of booking - we are unable to accept deposits.